avahi-resolveSection: User Commands (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEavahi-resolve - Resolve one or more mDNS/DNS host name(s) to IP address(es) (and vice versa) using the Avahi daemon
SYNOPSISavahi-resolve --name host-name ...
avahi-resolve-host-name host-name ...
avahi-resolve --address address ...
DESCRIPTIONResolve one or more mDNS/DNS host name(s) to IP address(es) (and vice versa) using the Avahi daemon.
OPTIONSWhen passing -n, specify one or more fully qualified mDNS/DNS host name(s) (e.g. "foo.local") to resolve into IP addresses on the command line. When passing -a, specifiy one or more IP address to resolve into host names.
avahi-resolve-host-name is equivalent to avahi-resolve --name.
avahi-resolve-address is equivalent to avahi-resolve --address.
- -n | --name
- Translate one or more fully qualified host names into addresses.
- -a | --address
- Translate one or more addresses into fully qualified host names.
- -v | --verbose
- Enable verbose mode.
- When resolving a host name, look for IPv6 addresses exclusively.
- When resolving a host name, look for IPv4 addresses exclusively.
- -h | --help
- Show help.
- -V | --version
- Show version information.
AUTHORSThe Avahi Developers <avahi (at) lists (dot) freedesktop (dot) org>; Avahi is available from http://avahi.org/
SEE ALSOavahi-publish-address(1), avahi-daemon(8)
COMMENTSThis man page was written using xml2man(1) by Oliver Kurth.