BBKEYSSection: bbkeys (1)
Updated: January 12, 2002
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEbbkeys - a general XWindow keygrabber
DESCRIPTIONbbkeys is the keygrabber for the blackbox window manager. bbkeys handles all keybindings and keyboard shortcuts for blackbox. It uses blackbox's Image classes for rendering its look and feel so that bbkeys will render itself to match whatever blackbox style is used. It is highly configurable either via the bbconf GUI utility or the (now deprecated) bbkeysconf GUI utility or by hand-editting bbkeys's config file.
USAGEOn startup, bbkeys reads $HOME/.bbkeysrc, which you can edit by hand or through bbconf or bbkeysconf. This is now configurable through a command-line switch as show in OPTIONS.
OPTIONSA summary of the options supported by bbkeys is included below.
- -c[onfig] filename
- use alternate 'look and feel' config file
- -rc[file] filename
- use alternate keygrab definition file. (default is ~/.bbkeysrc)
- show 'normal' decorated window
- -display display name
- X server to connect to
- -geom[etry] geometry
- set geometry of the bbkeys window
- show summary of options and exit
- start bbkeys in a minimized state (will override the -withdrawn option)
- like Austin Powers 2. bbkeys, but smaller
- fall back on default configuration
- use non-qt configuration tool
- don't display groundplate
- all you can see is its keyhole
- display version number and exit
place bbkeys in the Slit
$HOME/.bbkeysrc maintains keybindings
$datadir/bbtools/bbkeys.bb the global style configuration file $HOME/.bbtools/bbkeys.bb a local style configuration file
Under other Window managers
$datadir/bbtools/bbkeys.nobb the global style configuration file $HOME/.bbtools/bbkeys.nobb a local style configuration file
BUGSThis application is perfect and should solve all of your problems, up to and including male pattern baldness and world hunger. Should you, against all odds, find any bugs, please report them to the author.
SEE ALSObbkeysrc(5), bbkeys.bb(5)
- SEE ALSO