DIFF3Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: April 2002
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEdiff3 - compare three files line by line
SYNOPSISdiff3 [OPTION]... MYFILE OLDFILE YOURFILE
DESCRIPTIONCompare three files line by line.
- -e --ed
- Output unmerged changes from OLDFILE to YOURFILE into MYFILE.
- -E --show-overlap
- Output unmerged changes, bracketing conflicts.
- -A --show-all
- Output all changes, bracketing conflicts.
- -x --overlap-only
- Output overlapping changes.
- Output overlapping changes, bracketing them.
- -3 --easy-only
- Output unmerged nonoverlapping changes.
- -m --merge
- Output merged file instead of ed script (default -A).
- -L LABEL --label=LABEL
- Use LABEL instead of file name.
- Append `w' and `q' commands to ed scripts.
- -a --text
- Treat all files as text.
- -T --initial-tab
- Make tabs line up by prepending a tab.
- Use PROGRAM to compare files.
- -v --version
- Output version info.
- Output this help.
AUTHORWritten by Randy Smith.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <email@example.com>.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. You may redistribute copies of this program under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for diff3 is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and diff3 programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info diff
should give you access to the complete manual.