FASTJARSection: GNU (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEfastjar - archive tool for Java archives
SYNOPSISfastjar -ctxu [OPTIONS] [jar-file] [manifest-file] [-C dir] files...
DESCRIPTION"fastjar" is an implementation of Sun's jar utility that comes with the JDK, written entirely in C, and runs in a fraction of the time while being feature compatible.
OPTIONSExactly one of the following actions must be specified:
- Create new archive.
- List table of contents for archive.
- Extract named (or all) files from archive.
- Update existing archive.
The following parameters are optional:
- Read the names of the files to add to the archive from stdin. This option is supported only in combination with -c or -u. Non standard option added in the GCC version.
- -C directory
- Change to the directory and include the following file.
- Prevent fastjar from reading the content of a directory when specifying one (and instead relying on the provided list of files to populate the archive with regard to the directory entry). Non standard option added in the GCC version.
- Do not create a manifest file for the entries.
- Generate an index of the packages in this jar and its Class-Path (currently a no-op for jar command-line compatibility).
- Store only; use no ZIP compression.
- Display version information.
- -f archive
- Specify archive file name.
- -m manifest
- Include manifest information from specified manifest file.
- Generate verbose output on standard output.
SEE ALSOgcj(1), gij(1), grepjar(1) and the Info entry for gcj.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2002 Matthias Klose
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. A copy of the license is included in the man page gpl(7).