FSLSFONTSSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: fslsfonts 1.0.1
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEfslsfonts - list fonts served by X font server
SYNOPSISfslsfonts [-options ...] [-fn pattern]
DESCRIPTIONFslsfonts lists the fonts that match the given pattern. The wildcard character "*" may be used to match any sequence of characters (including none), and "?" to match any single character. If no pattern is given, "*" is assumed.
- -server host:port
- This option specifies the X font server to contact.
- Lists some attributes of the font on one line in addition to its name.
- Lists font properties in addition to -l output.
- Supported for compatibility with xlsfonts, but output is the same as for -ll.
- This option indicates that long listings should also print the minimum and maximum bounds of each font.
- This option indicates that listings should use multiple columns. This is the same as -n 0.
- This option indicates that listings should use a single column. This is the same as -n 1.
- -w width
- This option specifies the width in characters that should be used in figuring out how many columns to print. The default is 79.
- -n columns
- This option specifies the number of columns to use in displaying the output. The default is 0, which will attempt to fit as many columns of font names into the number of character specified by -w width.
- This option indicates that the output should be left unsorted.
SEE ALSOxfs(1), showfont(1), xlsfonts(1)
- to get the default host and port to use.
BUGSDoing ``fslsfonts -l'' can tie up your server for a very long time. This is really a bug with single-threaded non-preemptable servers, not with this program.
AUTHORDave Lemke, Network Computing Devices, Inc