GIT\-MAILSPLITSection: Git Manual (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEgit-mailsplit - Simple UNIX mbox splitter program
SYNOPSISgit-mailsplit [-b] [-f<nn>] [-d<prec>] -o<directory> [--] [<mbox>|<Maildir>...]
DESCRIPTIONSplits a mbox file or a Maildir into a list of files: "0001" "0002" .. in the specified directory so you can process them further from there.
Important Maildir splitting relies upon filenames being sorted to output patches in the correct order.
- Mbox file to split. If not given, the mbox is read from the standard input.
- Root of the Maildir to split. This directory should contain the cur, tmp and new subdirectories.
- Directory in which to place the individual messages.
- If any file doesn't begin with a From line, assume it is a single mail message instead of signaling error.
- Instead of the default 4 digits with leading zeros, different precision can be specified for the generated filenames.
- Skip the first <nn> numbers, for example if -f3 is specified, start the numbering with 0004.
AUTHORWritten by Linus Torvalds <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Junio C Hamano <email@example.com>
DOCUMENTATIONDocumentation by Junio C Hamano and the git-list <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
GITPart of the git(7) suite