GIT\-VARSection: Git Manual (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEgit-var - Show a git logical variable
SYNOPSISgit-var [ -l | <variable> ]
DESCRIPTIONPrints a git logical variable.
- Cause the logical variables to be listed. In addition, all the variables of the git configuration file .git/config are listed as well. (However, the configuration variables listing functionality is deprecated in favor of git-config -l.)
$ git-var GIT_AUTHOR_IDENT Eric W. Biederman <email@example.com> 1121223278 -0600
- The author of a piece of code.
- The person who put a piece of code into git.
You don't exist. Go away!
- The passwd(5) gecos field couldn't be read
Your parents must have hated you!
- The password(5) gecos field is longer than a giant static buffer.
Your sysadmin must hate you!
- The password(5) name field is longer than a giant static buffer.
SEE ALSOgit-commit-tree(1) git-tag(1) git-config(1)
AUTHORWritten by Eric Biederman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
DOCUMENTATIONDocumentation by Eric Biederman and the git-list <email@example.com>.
GITPart of the git(7) suite