GITKSection: Git Manual (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEgitk - The git repository browser
SYNOPSISgitk [<option>...] [<revs>] [--] [<path>...]
DESCRIPTIONDisplays changes in a repository or a selected set of commits. This includes visualizing the commit graph, showing information related to each commit, and the files in the trees of each revision.
OPTIONSTo control which revisions to shown, the command takes options applicable to the git-rev-list(1) command. This manual page describes only the most frequently used options.
-n <number>, --max-count=<number>
- Limits the number of commits to show.
- Show commits more recent than a specific date.
- Show commits older than a specific date.
- Show all branches.
- Limit the revisions to show. This can be either a single revision meaning show from the given revision and back, or it can be a range in the form "<from>..<to>" to show all revisions between <from> and back to <to>. Note, more advanced revision selection can be applied. For a more complete list of ways to spell object names, see "SPECIFYING REVISIONS" section in git-rev-parse(1).
- Limit commits to the ones touching files in the given paths. Note, to avoid ambiguity wrt. revision names use "--" to separate the paths from any preceding options.
gitk v2.6.12.. include/scsi drivers/scsi
- Show as the changes since version v2.6.12 that changed any file in the include/scsi or drivers/scsi subdirectories
gitk --since="2 weeks ago" -- gitk
- Show the changes during the last two weeks to the file gitk. The "--" is necessary to avoid confusion with the branch named gitk
gitk --max-count=100 --all --- Makefile
- Show at most 100 changes made to the file Makefile. Instead of only looking for changes in the current branch look in all branches.
- A repository browser written in C++ using Qt.
- A repository browser written in Python using Gtk. It's based on bzrk(1) and distributed in the contrib area of the git repository.
- A minimal repository browser and git tool output highlighter written in C using Ncurses.
AUTHORWritten by Paul Mackerras <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
DOCUMENTATIONDocumentation by Junio C Hamano, Jonas Fonseca, and the git-list <email@example.com>.
GITPart of the git(7) suite