GXINESection: User Commands (1)
Updated: 27 April 2005
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEgxine - a GTK/GNOME frontend to the xine video player
SYNOPSISgxine [options] [files or MRLs]
gxine plays MPEG system (audio and video) streams, MPEG elementary streams (e.g. .mp3, .mpa or .mpv files), MPEG transport streams, AVI files, ASF files, Quicktime files, (S)VCDs and DVDs - anything which xine-lib can handle.
Typical usage looks like
gxine -f dvd:/
- Select which libxine audio driver to use. This setting is not permanent, but it does prevent selection of other drivers via the preferences window.
- Select which libxine video driver to use. This setting is not permanent, but it does prevent selection of other drivers via the preferences window.
- Don't show the splash window during startup.
- Don't clear the playlist before adding any MRLs; start playing the first new MRL.
- Don't clear the playlist before adding any MRLs; don't start playing the first new MRL.
- Start in full-screen mode.
- Verbose mode: output information about plugins, the video stream, commands executed etc. Repeat for more verbosity.
There are a couple of features which aren't immediately obvious: in full-screen mode, you can right-click to get access to the menus, or middle-click to show or hide the player controls.
SEE ALSOhttp://xinehq.de/, xine(1), totem(1), kaffeine(1).
xine(5) for MRL syntax documentation (libxine >= 1.0.2).
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Darren Salt <firstname.lastname@example.org>. It is based on an older version written by Philipp Matthias Hahn <email@example.com> for Debian.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2001-2005 The xine project