htdigSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: January 2004
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEhtpurge - remove unused odocuments from the database (general maintenance script)
SYNOPSIShtpurge [-][-a][-c configfile][-u][-v]
DESCRIPTIONHtpurge functions to remove specified URLs from the databases as well as bad URLs, unretrieved URLs, obsolete documents, etc. It is recommended that htpurge be run after htdig to clean out any documents of this sort.
- Take URL list from standard input (rather than specified with -u). Format of input file is one URL per line. -a Use alternate work files. Tells htpurge to append .work to database files, causing a second copy of the database to be built. This allows the original files to be used by htsearch during the run.
- -c configfile
- Use the specified configfile instead of the default.
- -u URL
- Add this URL to the list of documents to remove. Must be specified multiple times if more than one URL are to be removed. Should nor be used together with -.
- Verbose mode. This increases the verbosity of the program. Using more than 2 is probably only useful for debugging purposes. The default verbose mode (using only one -v) gives a nice progress report while digging.
- The default configuration file.
SEE ALSOPlease refer to the HTML pages (in the htdig-doc package) /usr/share/doc/htdig-doc/html/index.html and the manual pages htdigconfig(8) , htdig(1) and htmerge(1) for a detailed description of ht://Dig and its commands.
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Robert Ribnitz, based on the HTML documentation of ht://Dig.