IDSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: March 2007
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEid - print user identity
SYNOPSISid [OPTION]... [USERNAME]
Print information for USERNAME, or the current user.
- ignore, for compatibility with other versions
- -g, --group
- print only the effective group ID
- -G, --groups
- print all group IDs
- -n, --name
- print a name instead of a number, for -ugG
- -r, --real
- print the real ID instead of the effective ID, with -ugG
- -u, --user
- print only the effective user ID
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by Arnold Robbins and David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for id is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and id programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info id
should give you access to the complete manual.
examples of using id
What groups am I in?