INSTALL-INFOSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: December 2004
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEinstall-info - update info/dir entries
SYNOPSISinstall-info [OPTION]... [INFO-FILE [DIR-FILE]]
DESCRIPTIONInstall or delete dir entries from INFO-FILE in the Info directory file DIR-FILE.
- delete existing entries for INFO-FILE from DIR-FILE; don't insert any new entries.
- specify file name of Info directory file. This is equivalent to using the DIR-FILE argument.
- insert TEXT as an Info directory entry. TEXT should have the form of an Info menu item line plus zero or more extra lines starting with whitespace. If you specify more than one entry, they are all added. If you don't specify any entries, they are determined from information in the Info file itself.
- display this help and exit.
- specify Info file to install in the directory. This is equivalent to using the INFO-FILE argument.
- same as --dir-file=DIR/dir.
- same as --entry TEXT. An Info directory entry is actually a menu item.
- suppress warnings.
- same as --delete.
- put this file's entries in section SEC of the directory. If you specify more than one section, all the entries are added in each of the sections. If you don't specify any sections, they are determined from information in the Info file itself.
- display version information and exit.
REPORTING BUGSEmail bug reports to email@example.com, general questions and discussion to firstname.lastname@example.org. Texinfo home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2004 Free Software Foundation, Inc. There is NO warranty. You may redistribute this software under the terms of the GNU General Public License. For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for install-info is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and install-info programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info install-info
should give you access to the complete manual.