IrssiSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: September 2002
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEIrssi - a modular IRC client for UNIX
SYNOPSISirssi [-dv!?] [-c server] [-p port] [-n nickname] [-w password] [-h hostname]
DESCRIPTIONIrssi is a modular Internet Relay Chat client. It is highly extensible and very secure. Being a fullscreen, termcap based client with many features, Irssi is easily extensible through scripts and modules.
- use FILE instead of ~/.irssi/config.
- PATH specifies the home directory of Irssi. Default is ~/.irssi
- this option is here just for internal use. It is needed during an /UPGRADE. For more information see /help upgrade.
- -c, --connect=SERVER
- connects to SERVER
- -w, --password=PASSWORD
- use PASSWORD for authentification.
- -p, --port=PORT
- automatically connect to PORT on server.
- -!, --noconnect
- disables autoconnecting.
- -n, --nick=NICKNAME
- specify NICKNAME as your nick.
- -h, --hostname=HOSTNAME
- use HOSTNAME for your irc session.
- -d, --dummy
- use dummy terminal mode.
- -v, --version
- display the version of Irssi.
- -?, --help
- show a help message.
- display brief usage message.
SEE ALSOIrssi has been supplied with a huge amount of documentation. Check /help or look at the files contained by /usr/share/doc/irssi*
- Global configuration file
- Personal configuration file
- Automatic save of the personal config file when it was changed externally
- Default irssi theme
- Logged messages in away status
- Directory including many help files
- Global scripts directory
- Global themes directory
- Default scripts directory
- Directory containing links to scripts that should be loaded automatically on startup
AUTHORS/CREDITSIrssi was written by Timo Sirainen <email@example.com>