JV-CONVERTSection: GNU (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEjv-convert - Convert file from one encoding to another
SYNOPSISjv-convert [OPTION] ... [INPUTFILE [OUTPUTFILE]]
DESCRIPTIONjv-convert is a utility included with "libgcj" which converts a file from one encoding to another. It is similar to the Unix iconv utility.
- --encoding name
- --from name
- Use name as the input encoding. The default is the current locale's encoding.
- --to name
- Use name as the output encoding. The default is the "JavaSrc" encoding; this is ASCII with \u escapes for non-ASCII characters.
- -i file
- Read from file. The default is to read from standard input.
- -o file
- Write to file. The default is to write to standard output.
- Swap the input and output encodings.
- Print a help message, then exit.
- Print version information, then exit.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with the Invariant Sections being ``GNU General Public License'', the Front-Cover texts being (a) (see below), and with the Back-Cover Texts being (b) (see below). A copy of the license is included in the man page gfdl(7).
(a) The FSF's Front-Cover Text is:
A GNU Manual
(b) The FSF's Back-Cover Text is:
You have freedom to copy and modify this GNU Manual, like GNU software. Copies published by the Free Software Foundation raise funds for GNU development.