L2PINGSection: Linux System Administration (1)
Updated: Jan 22 2002
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEl2ping - Send L2CAP echo request and receive answer
SYNOPSISl2ping [-i <hciX>] [-s size] [-c count] [-t timeout] [-f] [-r] bd_addr
- -i <hciX>
- The command is applied to device hciX , which must be the name of an installed Bluetooth device (X = 0, 1, 2, ...) If not specified, the command will be sent to the first available Bluetooth device.
- -s size
- The size of the data packets to be sent.
- -c count
- Send count number of packets then exit.
- -t timeout
- Wait timeout seconds for the response.
- Kind of flood ping. Use with care! It reduces the delay time between packets to 0.
- Reverse ping (gnip?). Send echo response instead of echo request.
- The Bluetooth MAC address to be pinged in dotted hex notation like 01:02:03:ab:cd:ef or 01:EF:cd:aB:02:03
AUTHORSWritten by Maxim Krasnyansky <firstname.lastname@example.org> and Marcel Holtmann <email@example.com>