LDAPWHOAMISection: User Commands (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEldapwhoami - LDAP who am i? tool
SYNOPSISldapwhoami [-n] [-v] [-z] [-d debuglevel] [-D binddn] [-W] [-w passwd] [-y passwdfile] [-H ldapuri] [-h ldaphost] [-p ldapport] [-O security-properties] [-I] [-Q] [-U authcid] [-R realm] [-x] [-X authzid] [-Y mech] [-Z[Z]]
DESCRIPTIONldapwhoami implements the LDAP "Who Am I?" extended operation.
- Show what would be done, but don't actually perform the whoami operation. Useful for debugging in conjunction with -v.
- Run in verbose mode, with many diagnostics written to standard output.
- -d debuglevel
- Set the LDAP debugging level to debuglevel. ldapwhoami must be compiled with LDAP_DEBUG defined for this option to have any effect.
- Use simple authentication instead of SASL.
- -D binddn
- Use the Distinguished Name binddn to bind to the LDAP directory.
- Prompt for simple authentication. This is used instead of specifying the password on the command line.
- -w passwd
- Use passwd as the password for simple authentication.
- -y passwdfile
- Use complete contents of passwdfile as the password for simple authentication.
- -H ldapuri
- Specify URI(s) referring to the ldap server(s); only the protocol/host/port fields are allowed; a list of URI, separated by whitespace or commas is expected.
- -h ldaphost
- Specify an alternate host on which the ldap server is running. Deprecated in favor of -H.
- -p ldapport
- Specify an alternate TCP port where the ldap server is listening. Deprecated in favor of -H.
- -P 2|3
- Specify the LDAP protocol version to use.
- -O security-properties
- Specify SASL security properties.
- Enable SASL Interactive mode. Always prompt. Default is to prompt only as needed.
- Enable SASL Quiet mode. Never prompt.
- -U authcid
- Specify the authentication ID for SASL bind. The form of the ID depends on the actual SASL mechanism used.
- -R realm
- Specify the realm of authentication ID for SASL bind. The form of the realm depends on the actual SASL mechanism used.
- -X authzid
- Specify the requested authorization ID for SASL bind. authzid must be one of the following formats: dn:<distinguished name> or u:<username>
- -Y mech
- Specify the SASL mechanism to be used for authentication. If it's not specified, the program will choose the best mechanism the server knows.
- Issue StartTLS (Transport Layer Security) extended operation. If you use -ZZ, the command will require the operation to be successful.
ldapwhoami -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=example,dc=com" -W
SEE ALSOldap.conf(5), ldap(3), ldap_extended_operation(3)
AUTHORThe OpenLDAP Project <http://www.openldap.org/>
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTSOpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release.