LKBIBSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: 24 November 2004
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMElkbib - search bibliographic databases
SYNOPSISlkbib [ -v ] [ -ifields ] [ -pfilename ] [ -tn ] key...
DESCRIPTIONlkbib searches bibliographic databases for references that contain the keys key... and prints any references found on the standard output. lkbib will search any databases given by -p options, and then a default database. The default database is taken from the REFER environment variable if it is set, otherwise it is /usr/dict/papers/Ind. For each database filename to be searched, if an index filename.i created by indxbib(1) exists, then it will be searched instead; each index can cover multiple databases.
- Print the version number.
- Search filename. Multiple -p options can be used.
- When searching files for which no index exists, ignore the contents of fields whose names are in string.
- Only require the first n characters of keys to be given. Initially n is~6.
- Default database.
- /usr/dict/papers/Ind Default database to be used if the REFER environment variable is not set.
- Index files.
SEE ALSOrefer(1), lookbib(1), indxbib(1)