MCVIEWSection: GNU Midnight Commander (1)
Updated: January 2003
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEmcview - Internal file viewer of GNU Midnight Commander.
USAGEmcview [-bcCdfhstVx?] file
mcview is a link to mc, the main GNU Midnight Commander executable. Executing GNU Midnight Commander under this name requests staring the internal viewer and opening the file specified on the command line.
- Force black and white display.
- Force color mode on terminals where mcview defaults to black and white.
- -C <keyword>=<FGcolor>,<BGcolor>:<keyword>= ...
- Specify a different color set. See the Colors section in mc(1) for more information.
- Disable mouse support.
- Display the compiled-in search paths for Midnight Commander files.
- Used only if the code was compiled with S-Lang and terminfo: it makes the Midnight Commander use the value of the TERMCAP variable for the terminal information instead of the information on the system wide terminal database
- Displays the version of the program.
- Forces xterm mode. Used when running on xterm-capable terminals (two screen modes, and able to send mouse escape sequences).
COLORSThe default colors may be changed by appending to the MC_COLOR_TABLE environment variable. Foreground and background colors pairs may be specified for example with:
MC_COLOR_TABLE="$MC_COLOR_TABLE:\ normal=lightgray,black:\ selected=black,green"
- The help file for the program.
- The default system-wide setup for GNU Midnight Commander, used only if the user's own ~/.mc/ini file is missing.
- Global settings for the Midnight Commander. Settings in this file affect all users, whether they have ~/.mc/ini or not.
- User's own setup. If this file is present, the setup is loaded from here instead of the system-wide startup file.
LICENSEThis program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation. See the built-in help of the Midnight Commander for details on the License and the lack of warranty.
AVAILABILITYThe latest version of this program can be found at ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/utils/file/managers/mc/.
SEE ALSOmc(1), mcedit(1)
BUGSBugs should be reported to email@example.com