MWMSection: LessTif Manuals (1x)
Updated: MARCH 2002
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEmwm - The M*tif Window Manager
SYNOPSISmwm [-toolkitoption ...] [-debug] [-xrm resourcestring ] [-multiscreen] [-name name ] [-screens [name [name [...]] ] [-version] [-V]
DESCRIPTIONmwm is a window manager that adheres largely to the Motif mwm specification.
OPTIONSIn addition to the standard X Toolkit command line options (see X(1)), mwm accepts the following options:
- -xrm resourcestring
- Set resource
- -display display
- Specifies display to be used
- Enable debugging. This includes synchronous sending of requests to the X server.
- Use multiple screens.
- -name name
- Make mwm retrieve its resources using the given name
- -screens [name [name [...]]
- Manage multiple screens. Not yet supported
Print version information to stderr.
- The system wide configuration file. See mwmrc(5) for further details.
- Per user configuration file. See mwmrc(5) for further details.
X Resourcesmwm supports a number of resources. It departs from the Motif mwm specification in that all window decorations have separate resources.
The resources are documented in the app defaults file for mwm, usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Mwm .
COPYINGSee the file COPYING which accompanies this distribution of mwm.
AUTHORSThe LessTif project, http://www.lesstif.org/. This manpage was put together by Ray Dassen <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
SEE ALSOlesstif(1x) X(1), mwmrc(5)