ppmtopjSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: 13 July 1991
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEppmtopj - convert a portable pixmap to an HP PaintJet file
SYNOPSISppmtopj [-gamma val] [-xpos val] [-ypos val] [-back dark|lite] [-rle] [-center] [-render none|snap|bw|dither|diffuse|monodither|monodiffuse|clusterdither|monoclusterdither] [ppmfile]
DESCRIPTIONReads a portable pixmap as input and converts it into a format suitable to be printed by an HP PaintJet printer.
For best results, the input file should be in 8-color RGB form; i.e. it should have only the 8 binary combinations of full-on and full-off primaries. You could get this by sending the input file through ppmquant -map with a map file such as:
P3 8 1 255 0 0 0 255 0 0 0 255 0 0 0 255 255 255 0 255 0 255 0 255 255 255 255 255Or else you could use use ppmdither -red 2 -green 2 -blue 2.
- Run length encode the image. (This can result in larger images)
- Enhance the foreground by indicating if the background is light or dark compated to the foreground.
- -render alg
- Use an internal rendering algorithm (default dither).
- -gamma int
- Gamma correct the image using the integet parameter as a gamma (default 0).
- Center the image to an 8.5 by 11 page
- -xpos pos
- Move by pos pixels in the x direction.
- -ypos pos
- Move by pos pixels in the y direction.
REFERENCESHP PaintJet XL Color Graphics Printer User's Guide
SEE ALSOpnmdepth(1), ppmquant(1), ppmdither(1), ppm(5)
BUGSMost of the options have not been tested because of the price of the paper.
AUTHORCopyright (C) 1991 by Christos Zoulas.