READLINKSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: March 2007
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEreadlink - display value of a symbolic link
SYNOPSISreadlink [OPTION]... FILE
Display value of a symbolic link on standard output.
- -f, --canonicalize
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively; all but the last component must exist
- -e, --canonicalize-existing
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively, all components must exist
- -m, --canonicalize-missing
- canonicalize by following every symlink in every component of the given name recursively, without requirements on components existence
- -n, --no-newline
- do not output the trailing newline
- -s, --silent
- suppress most error messages
- -v, --verbose
- report error messages
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by Dmitry V. Levin.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for readlink is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and readlink programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info readlink
should give you access to the complete manual.