RMDIRSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: March 2007
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMErmdir - remove empty directories
SYNOPSISrmdir [OPTION]... DIRECTORY...
Remove the DIRECTORY(ies), if they are empty.
- ignore each failure that is solely because a directory is non-empty
- -p, --parents
- Remove DIRECTORY and its ancestors. E.g., `rmdir -p a/b/c' is similar to `rmdir a/b/c a/b a'.
- -v, --verbose
- output a diagnostic for every directory processed
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
AUTHORWritten by David MacKenzie.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
The full documentation for rmdir is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and rmdir programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info rmdir
should give you access to the complete manual.