RWALLSection: User Commands (1)
Index Return to Main Contents
Linux NetKit (0.17)
NAMErwall - send a message to users logged on a host
SYNOPSISrwall host [file ]
DESCRIPTIONThe rwall command sends a message to the users logged into the specified host. The message to be sent can be typed in and terminated with EOF or it can be in a file
- rwall: RPC: Program not registered
- The rpc.rwalld8 daemon has not been started on the remote host.
- rwall: RPC: Timed out
- A communication error occurred. Either the network is excessively congested, or the rpc.rwalld8 daemon has terminated on the remote host.
- rwall: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out
- The remote host is not running the portmapper (see portmap(8)), and cannot accomodate any RPC-based services. The host may be down.
SEE ALSOwall(1), portmap(8), rpc.rwalld8
HISTORYThe rwall command appeared in SunOS