toeSection: Misc. Reference Manual Pages (1M)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEtoe - table of (terminfo) entries
SYNOPSIStoe [-v[n]] [-ahuUV] file...
With no options, toe lists all available terminal types by primary name with descriptions. File arguments specify the directories to be scanned; if no such arguments are given, your default terminfo directory is scanned. If you also specify the -h option, a directory header will be issued as each directory is entered.
There are other options intended for use by terminfo file maintainers:
- report on all of the terminal databases which ncurses would search, rather than only the first one that it finds.
- -u file
- says to issue a report on dependencies in the given file. This report condenses the `use' relation: each line consists of the primary name of a terminal that has use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by the whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which occur in those use capabilities, followed by a newline
- -U file
- says to issue a report on reverse dependencies in the given file. This report reverses the `use' relation: each line consists of the primary name of a terminal that occurs in use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by the whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which depend on it, followed by a newline.
- specifies that (verbose) output be written to standard error, showing toe's progress. The optional parameter n is a number from 1 to 10, interpreted as for tic(1M).
- reports the version of ncurses which was used in this program, and exits.
- Compiled terminal description database.
SEE ALSOtic(1M), infocmp(1M), captoinfo(1M), infotocap(1M), curses(3X), terminfo(5).
This describes ncurses version 5.6 (patch 20070217).