TOUCHSection: User Commands (1)
Updated: March 2007
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEtouch - change file timestamps
SYNOPSIStouch [OPTION]... FILE...
Update the access and modification times of each FILE to the current time.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- change only the access time
- -c, --no-create
- do not create any files
- -d, --date=STRING
- parse STRING and use it instead of current time
- change only the modification time
- -r, --reference=FILE
- use this file's times instead of current time
- -t STAMP
- use [[CC]YY]MMDDhhmm[.ss] instead of current time
- change the specified time: WORD is access, atime, or use: equivalent to -a WORD is modify or mtime: equivalent to -m
- display this help and exit
- output version information and exit
Note that the -d and -t options accept different time-date formats.
AUTHORWritten by Paul Rubin, Arnold Robbins, Jim Kingdon, David MacKenzie, and Randy Smith.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for touch is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and touch programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info touch
should give you access to the complete manual.