IO_SETUPSection: Linux Programmer's Manual (2)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEio_setup - create an asynchronous I/O context
#include <libaio.h> int io_setup(unsigned nr_events, aio_context_t *ctxp);
io_setup() creates an asynchronous I/O context capable of receiving at least nr_events. ctxp must not point to an AIO context that already exists, and must be initialized to 0 prior to the call. On successful creation of the AIO context, *ctxp is filled in with the resulting handle.
- ctxp is not initialized, or the specified nr_events exceeds internal limits. nr_events should be greater than 0.
- An invalid pointer is passed for ctxp.
- Insufficient kernel resources are available.
- The specified nr_events exceeds the user's limit of available events.
- io_setup() is not implemented on this architecture.