IPC::MsgSection: Perl Programmers Reference Guide (3)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEIPC::Msg - SysV Msg IPC object class
use IPC::SysV qw(IPC_PRIVATE S_IRWXU); use IPC::Msg;
$msg = new IPC::Msg(IPC_PRIVATE, S_IRWXU);
$ds = $msg->stat;
DESCRIPTIONA class providing an object based interface to SysV IPC message queues.
- new ( KEY , FLAGS )
Creates a new message queue associated with "KEY". A new queue is
- "KEY" is equal to "IPC_PRIVATE"
- "KEY" does not already have a message queue associated with it, and "FLAGS & IPC_CREAT" is true.
On creation of a new message queue "FLAGS" is used to set the permissions.
- Returns the system message queue identifier.
- rcv ( BUF, LEN [, TYPE [, FLAGS ]] )
- Read a message from the queue. Returns the type of the message read. See msgrcv. The BUF becomes tainted.
- Remove and destroy the message queue from the system.
- set ( STAT )
- set ( NAME => VALUE [, NAME => VALUE ...] )
"set" will set the following values of the "stat" structure associated
with the message queue.
uid gid mode (oly the permission bits) qbytes
"set" accepts either a stat object, as returned by the "stat" method, or a list of name-value pairs.
- snd ( TYPE, MSG [, FLAGS ] )
- Place a message on the queue with the data from "MSG" and with type "TYPE". See msgsnd.
Returns an object of type "IPC::Msg::stat" which is a sub-class of
"Class::Struct". It provides the following fields. For a description
of these fields see you system documentation.
uid gid cuid cgid mode qnum qbytes lspid lrpid stime rtime ctime
SEE ALSOIPC::SysV Class::Struct
AUTHORGraham Barr <firstname.lastname@example.org>
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 1997 Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.