GLINTSection: Devices and Network Interfaces (4)
Updated: xf86-video-glint 1.1.1
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEglint - GLINT/Permedia video driver
Section N'34'DeviceN'34' Identifier N'34'devnameN'34' Driver N'34'glintN'34' ... EndSection
DESCRIPTIONglint is an Xorg driver for 3Dlabs & Texas Instruments GLINT/Permedia based video cards. The driver is rather fully accelerated, and provides support for the following framebuffer depths: 8, 15 (may give bad results with FBDev support), 16, 24 (32 bpp recommended, 24 bpp has problems), 30, and an 8+24 overlay mode.
SUPPORTED HARDWAREThe glint driver supports 3Dlabs (GLINT MX, GLINT 500TX, GLINT 300SX, GLINT GAMMA, GLINT DELTA, GLINT GAMMA2, Permedia, Permedia 2, Permedia 2v, Permedia 3, R3, R4) and Texas Instruments (Permedia, Permedia 2) chips.
CONFIGURATION DETAILSPlease refer to xorg.conf(5x) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver.
The driver auto-detects the chipset type, but the following ChipSet names may optionally be specified in the config file N'34'DeviceN'34' section, and will override the auto-detection:
- "ti_pm2", "ti_pm", "r4", "pm3", "pm2v", "pm2", "pm", "300sx", "500tx", "mx", "gamma", "gamma2", "delta"
The driver will try to auto-detect the amount of video memory present for all chips. If it's not detected correctly, the actual amount of video memory should be specified with a VideoRam entry in the config file N'34'DeviceN'34' section.
Additionally, you may need to specify the bus ID of your card with a BusID entry in the config file N'34'DeviceN'34' section, especially with FBDev support.
The following driver Options are supported:
- Option N'34'UseFlatPanelN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Enable the FlatPanel feature on the Permedia3. Default: off.
- Option N'34'SWCursorN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Enable or disable the SW cursor. Default: off. This option disables the HWCursor option and vice versa.
- Option N'34'NoAccelN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Disable or enable acceleration. Default: acceleration is enabled.
- Option N'34'OverlayN'34'
- Enable 8+24 overlay mode. Only appropriate for depth 24, 32 bpp. (Note: This hasn't been tested with FBDev support and probably won't work.) Recognized values are: "8,24", "24,8". Default: off.
- Option N'34'PciRetryN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Enable or disable PCI retries. (Note: This doesn't work with Permedia2 based cards for Amigas.) Default: off.
- Option N'34'ShadowFBN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Enable or disable use of the shadow framebuffer layer. (Note: This disables hardware acceleration.) Default: off.
- Option N'34'UseFBDevN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Enable or disable use of an OS-specific fb interface (which is not supported on all OSs). See fbdevhw(4) for further information. Default: off.
- Option N'34'BlockWriteN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Enable or disable block writes for the various Permedia 2 chips. This improves acceleration in general, but disables it for some special cases. Default: off.
- Option N'34'FireGL3000N'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- If you have a card of the same name, turn this on. Default: off.
AUTHORSAuthors include: Alan Hourihane, Dirk Hohndel, Stefan Dirsch, Michel Dänzer, Sven Luther