anemoneSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEanemone - wiggling tentacles.
SYNOPSISanemone [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-delay number] [-arms number] [-finpoints number] [-width number]
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 40000 (0.04 seconds.).
- -arms number
- Arms. 2 - 500. Default: 128.
- -finpoints number
- Tentacles. 3 - 200. Default: 64.
- -withdraw number
- Frequency that the arms withdraw. Arms withdraw on randomly generated values between 1 and 11; this value determines the maximum value of that range. So 100 spends a lot of time withdrawn, while 1000,000 tends not to withdraw at all. Default: 1200.
- -turnspeed number
- How fast it turns. At zero, not at all, all they way up to thousands which are very fast indeed. Default: 50.
- -width number
Thickness. 1 - 10. Default: 2.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2002 by Gabriel Finch. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.