gearsSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEgears - draw interlocking gears, for xscreensaver.
SYNOPSISgears [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-visual visual] [-delay usecs] [-speed float] [-no-spin] [-no-wander] [-count integer] [-wireframe] [-fps]
DESCRIPTIONThis draws a set of rotating gears.
OPTIONSgears accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -delay usecs
- The delay between frames of the animation, in microseconds. Default: 30000 (0.03 seconds.)
- -speed float
- Larger numbers mean run faster. Default: 1.0.
- Don't rotate the object.
- Don't wander the object around the screen.
- -count integer
- How many gears to draw. Default: 0 for random.
- Render in wireframe instead of solid.
- -fps | -no-fps
- Whether to show a frames-per-second display at the bottom of the screen.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2007 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
An earlier version of this program by Brian Paul was written in 1997; this version was rewritten from scratch by jwz in 2007.