glforestfireSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEglforestfire - draws a GL animation of sprinkling fire-like 3D triangles
SYNOPSISglforestfire [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-visual visual] [-delay microseconds] [-count number_of_particles] [-trees number_of_trees] [-size viewport_size] [-texture] [-no-texture] [-shadows] [-no-shadows] [-fog] [-no-fog] [-wireframe] [-no-wireframe] [-wander] [-no-wander] [-trackmouse] [-no-trackmouse] [-fps] [-no-fps]
DESCRIPTIONThe glforestfire program draws an animation of sprinkling fire-like 3D triangles in a landscape filled with trees.
OPTIONSglforestfire accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Display a running tally of how many frames per second are being rendered. In conjunction with -delay 0, this can be a useful benchmark of your GL performance.
- -trees number_of_trees
- Specify how much trees are drawn in the landscape.
- -count number_of_particles
- Specify how much fire particles are drawn. A very special case is 0 wich means that you get rain !
- -size viewport_size
- Viewport of GL scene is specified size if greater than 32 and less than screensize. Default value is 0, meaning full screensize.
- Show a textured ground and the trees. This is the default.
- Disables texturing the landscape. This implies that no trees are drawn.
- Show a shadow for each particle on the ground. This is the default.
- Disables the drawing of the shadows.
- Show a fog in the distance.
- Disables the fog. This is the default.
- Move the observer around the landscape. This is the default.
- Keep the fire centered on the screen.
- Let the mouse be a joystick to change the view of the landscape. This implies -no-wander.
- Disables mouse tracking. This is the default.
- Draw a wireframe rendition of the fire: this will consist only of single-pixel lines for the triangles.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2001 by Eric Lassauge. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
The original code for this hack was written by David Bucciarelli (email@example.com) and could be found in the demo package of Mesa (Mesa-3.2/3Dfx/demos/). This hack is the result of the merge of two of the David's demos (fire and rain).
AUTHORDavid Bucciarelli <firstname.lastname@example.org> Eric Lassauge <email@example.com>