glplanetSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEglplanet - rotating 3d texture-mapped planet.
SYNOPSISglplanet [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-no-light] [-delay number] [-image file] [-resolution number] [-wireframe] [-fps]
DESCRIPTIONDraws a planet bouncing around in space. The built-in image is a map of the earth, but you can wrap any texture around the sphere, e.g., the planetary textures that come with `ssystem'.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -light | -no-light
- Use Flat Coloring.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 20000 (0.02 seconds.).
- -images file
- The texture map to wrap around the planet's surface.
- The resolution of the planet. Default: 128.
- Render in wireframe instead of solid.
- -fps | -no-fps
- Whether to show a frames-per-second display at the bottom of the screen.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2002 by David Konerding. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.