glsnakeSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEglsnake - OpenGL enhanced Rubik's Snake cyclewaster.
SYNOPSISglsnake [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-visual visual] [-delay microseconds] [-fps] [-wireframe] [-altcolour] [-angvel angular] [-explode distance] [-statictime milliseconds] [-yangvel angle] [-zangvel angle]
OPTIONSglsnake accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Display a running tally of how many frames per second are being rendered. In conjunction with -delay 0, this can be a useful benchmark of your GL performance.
- Display the snake in wireframe mode, rather than the default solid mode.
- Use the alternate colour scheme for the snake. Shape identification using colour will be disabled.
- -angvel angular
- Change the speed at which the snake morphs to a new shape.
- -explode distance
- Change the distance between the nodes of a snake.
- -statictime milliseconds
- Change the time between morphs.
- -yangvel angle
- Change the angle of rotation around the Y axis per frame.
- -zangvel angle
- Change the angle of rotation around the Z axis per frame.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
- This XScreenSaver will attempt to read model files installed with the interactive glsnake.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1), glsnake(6)
BUGSThe snake will happily intersect itself while morphing (this is not a bug).
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2001,2002 by Jamie Wilkinson, Andrew Bennetts, and Peter Aylett.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
AUTHORJamie Wilkinson <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Andrew Bennetts <email@example.com>, and Peter Aylett <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Ported to XScreenSaver by Jamie Wilkinson.