goopSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEgoop - squishy transparent oil and bubble screenhack
SYNOPSISgoop [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual visual] [-transparent] [-non-transparent] [-additive] [-subtractive] [-xor] [-no-xor]
DESCRIPTIONThe goop program draws a simulation of bubbles in layers of overlapping multicolored translucent fluid.
OPTIONSgoop accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -count integer
- How many bubbles to draw per layer. Default: random.
- -planes integer
- How many planes to draw. Default: random, based on screen depth.
- -delay microseconds
- How much of a delay should be introduced between steps of the animation. Default 12000, or about 0.012 seconds.
- If -layers is greater than 1, then each layer will be drawn in one color, and when they overlap, the colors will be mixed. This is the default.
- Turns off -transparent.
- If -transparent is specified, then this option means that the colors will be mixed using an additive color model, as if the blobs were projected light. This is the default.
- If -transparent is specified, then this option means that the colors will be mixed using a subtractive color model, as if the blobs were translucent filters.
- Draw with xor instead of the other color tricks.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 1997 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
AUTHORJamie Zawinski <email@example.com>, 11-Jun-97.