hyperballSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEhyperball - 2d projection of a 4d object
SYNOPSIShyperball [-display host:display.screen] [-foreground color] [-background color] [-xy float] [-xz float] [-yz float] [-xw float] [-yw float] [-zw float] [-delay usecs] [-window] [-root] [-mono] [-install] [-visual visual]
DESCRIPTIONThe hyperball program displays a wireframe projection of a hyperball which is rotating at user-specified rates around any or all of its four axes.
OPTIONShyperball accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- If on a color display, pretend we're on a monochrome display.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -delay microseconds
- How much of a delay should be introduced between steps of the animation. Default 20000, or about 0.02 seconds.
- -xw float
- -xy float
- -xz float
- -yw float
- -yz float
- -zw float
- The amount that the ball should be rotated around the specified axis at each frame of the animation, expressed in 0.001 radians. These should be small floating-point values (less than 50 works best.) Default: xy=3, xz=5, yw=10.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2000 by Joe Keane. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
AUTHORJoe Keane <firstname.lastname@example.org>