jigsawSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEjigsaw - permute the screen image like a jigsaw puzzle
SYNOPSISjigsaw [-display host:display.screen] [-background color] [-delay usecs] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-visual visual]
DESCRIPTIONThe jigsaw program takes an image, carves it up into a jigsaw puzzle, shuffles it, and then solves it.
The image that it manipulates will be grabbed from the portion of the screen underlying the window, or from the system's video input, or from a random file on disk, as indicated by the grabDesktopImages, grabVideoFrames, and chooseRandomImages options in the ~/.xscreensaver file; see xscreensaver-demo(1) for more details.
OPTIONSjigsaw accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -delay microseconds
- How long to wait between shuffling pieces; default 70000, or 0.07 seconds.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1), xscreensaver-demo(1), xscreensaver-getimage(1)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 1997 by Jamie Zawinski. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
AUTHORJamie Zawinski <email@example.com>, 25-Nov-97.