ripplesSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEripples - interference patterns.
SYNOPSISripples [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-delay number] [-rate number] [-fluidity number] [-light number] [-water] [-stir] [-oily] [-grayscale] [-colors number] [-no-shm]
DESCRIPTIONThis draws rippling interference patterns like splashing water. With the -water option, it manipulates your desktop image to look like something is dripping into it.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 50000 (0.05 seconds.).
- -rate number
- Drizzle. 1 - 100. Default: 5.
- -fluidity number
- Small Drops. 0 - 16. Default: 6.
- -light number
- Lighting Effect. 0 - 8. Default: 0.
- -water | -no-water
- Grab Screen Image. Boolean.
- -stir | -no-stir
- Moving Splashes. Boolean.
- -oily | -no-oily
- Psychedelic Colors. Boolean.
- Convert the screen image to grayscale. Ignored if we don't grab the screen image or if our screen doesn't have enough color depth.
- -colors number
- Colors Two. Default: 200.
- -shm | -no-shm
- Use Shared Memory. Boolean.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2002 by Tom Hammersley. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.