sballsSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEsballs - draws balls spinning like crazy in GL
SYNOPSISsballs [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-visual visual] [-delay microseconds] [-object object_number] [-cycles sphere_speed] [-size viewport_size] [-texture] [-no-texture] [-wireframe] [-no-wireframe] [-trackmouse] [-no-trackmouse] [-fps] [-no-fps]
DESCRIPTIONThe sballs program draws an animation of balls spinning like crazy in GL.
OPTIONSsballs accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Display a running tally of how many frames per second are being rendered. In conjunction with -delay 0, this can be a useful benchmark of your GL performance.
- -object object_number
- Specify how the spheres are grouped (forming an object). Objects are:
- cube. This is the default.
- -size viewport_size
- Viewport of GL scene is specified size if greater than 32 and less than screensize. Default value is 0, meaning full screensize.
- Show a textured background and spheres. This is the default.
- Disables texturing the animation.
- Let the mouse be a joystick to change the view of the animation. This implies -no-wander.
- Disables mouse tracking. This is the default.
- Draw a wireframe rendition of the spheres.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2001 by Eric Lassauge. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
AUTHORMustata Bogdan (LoneRunner) <email@example.com> Eric Lassauge <firstname.lastname@example.org>