topblockSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMEtopblock - a 3D world of falling blocks that build up and up.
SYNOPSIStopblock [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-delay number] [-wireframe] [-fps] [-size number] [-spawn number] [-camX number] [-camY number] [-camZ number] [-rotate] [-no-carpet] [-no-nipples] [-blob] [-rotateSpeed number] [-follow] [-maxFalling number] [-resolution number] [-maxColors number] [-dropSpeed number] [-override]
DESCRIPTIONCreates a world of falling blocks that build up and up.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- -delay number
- Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 10000 (0.01 seconds.).
- -wireframe | -no-wireframe
- Render in wireframe instead of solid.
- -fps | -no-fps
- Whether to show a frames-per-second display at the bottom of the screen.
- -size number
- Size of the base/carpet.
- -spawn number
- Likeyhood of a new block being created per frame : 1 high, 1000 very low.
- -camX number
- Initial camera X location in the world.
- -camY number
- Initial camera Y location in the world.
- -camZ number
- Initial camera Z location in the world.
- -rotate | -no-rotate
- Add/Remove rotation to/from the animation.
- Remove the base/carpet.
- Remove nipples on the blocks (also applies to udders) (has no effect in blob mode).
- Run in blob mode, blocks become over sized spheres.
- -rotateSpeed number
- Varries speed of world rotation.
- Camera follows blocks as they fall instead of camera being semi static (stays with top block).
- -maxFalling number
- Maximum number of objects created before recycling occurs.
- -resolution number
- Resolution of tubes, disks and spheres.
- -maxColors number
- Number of different colors available to falling objects.
- -dropSpeed number
- Varries speed of falling objects.
Overrides camera settings and provides a tunnel view.
- Increases viewing X coordinate.
- Decreases viewing X coordinate.
- Increases viewing Y coordinate.
- Decreases viewing Y coordinate.
- Increases viewing Z coordinate.
- Decreases viewing Z coordinate. TP 8 f Increases camera location X coordinate.
- Decreases camera location X coordinate.
- Increases camera location Y coordinate.
- Decreases camera location Y coordinate.
- Increases camera location Z coordinate.
- Decreases camera location Z coordinate.
- Increases world rotation.
EXAMPLESTo see which block follow-mode is tracking, set the number of block colors to 1.
- topblock -follow -maxColors 1
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.