xflameSection: XScreenSaver manual (6)
Updated: 5.04 (13-Nov-2007)
Index Return to Main Contents
NAMExflame - draws animated flames
SYNOPSISxflame [-display host:display.screen] [-window] [-root] [-install] [-visual visual] [-foreground color] [-hspread int] [-vspread int] [-residual int] [-variance int] [-vartrend int] [-bloom -no-bloom] [-bitmap xbm-file] [-baseline int]
DESCRIPTIONThe xflame program draws animated flames across the bottom of the screen. The flames occasionally flare up. If a bitmap is specified, that image will float above the flames, burning.
OPTIONSxflame accepts the following options:
- Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default.
- Draw on the root window.
- Install a private colormap for the window.
- -visual visual
- Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual.
- -foreground color or -fg color
- The color of the flames; default red. (The background color is always black.)
- -bitmap filename
- Specifies the bitmap file to use (a monochrome XBM file.) The name "none" means not to use a bitmap at all. If unspecified, a built-in image will be used.
- to get the default host and display number.
- to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property.
SEE ALSOX(1), xscreensaver(1)
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 1996-1999 by Carsten Haitzler. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any purpose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any purpose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty.
AUTHORPrimarily written by Carsten Haitzler <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Modified over the years by Rahul Jain <email@example.com>, Daniel Zahn <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and Jamie Zawinski <email@example.com>.