I was reading a post on Tech.Blorge and thought I’d write a little about it.
I think that this keyboard is a little over priced at the moment, but the price is sure to drop. If I got my hands on one of these here are the things that I would do with it:
- Impress my friends
- Make it have some kind of fireworks effect where every key you hit makes some sort of explosion on the keys around it. Who doesn’t love fireworks?
- Matrix Keyboard. This would be pretty sweet. Just have it constantly waste power by scrolling the Matrix code down it all the time. No one will ever use your computer because they won’t be able to figure out where that blasted key they are looking for is.
- Write a movie player so that I could watch a movie on my keyboard instead of working.
- Make a game that tests hand eye-coordination. Kind of like BrainAge except you use your hands and don’t have a 1″ screen.
- Gaming. I’d love for my keys to change when I play any game. Lets take Quake or Halo for example. It should always flash the mother of all weapons the either the B.F.G or the Rocket Launcher.
I love the shift feature and the special characters feature is pretty cool too but there are better practical uses of this keyboard:
- System Stats. Lets say WiFi signal strength, CPU load and memory usage Why display them in Torsmo, gkrellm or anything else you can just move your fingers and see the percentage of memory being used.
- Syntax highlighting while programming. I think that this would be a nice feature for new developers and for programmers not familiar with a particular programming language. An example would be the IF syntax. Once you type if, the space bar highlights. Next the left parenthesis then the quote depending on which programming language you use.
If any one gets one of these working I’d love to see it in action. I also thing it should be mandatory that when your OS crashes (no matter what OS your running) it displays the B.S.O.D.