After my mistake downloading the Alpha, I was able to update to the Beta by doing some pretty basic stuff.
First to aid I set up sudo, and changed my default run level to 3. I installed bash-completion (a mandatory package) and then changed to run level 3 with telinit. Once down to a reasonable run level for a systems upgrade, yum update -y was issued. I believe this failed, so I read the release notes and did the yum –skip-broken update command. It was rather scary since the broken libraries were glibc’s and those can be a pain. After a hour or more I was back to the prompt. Another yum update -y just to make sure and I was ready to reboot.
Rebooting actually worked first time and my Fedora was updated from 10.91 to 10.92. Using this method does not give you ext4 but, at least it will upgrade you to the latest Beta. Now, if only my production installation upgrades would have gone this smoothly.