I guess I’m one of the lucky ones that gets to use Linux at work. The kicker is, I need Windows to do part of my work so I have two machines. After a recent power outage, I needed to boot both machines this morning. So, I thought I’d document what I did before Windows booted.
- Turned both machines on
- Cleaned 3 coffee mugs and came back
- Talked to my boss about the power outage
- Logged into my Linux machine
- Started all the software I thought I might need for the day (Pidgin, Thunderbird, Firefox, Eclipse, Tilda and screen)
- Checked my e-mail
- Approved some comments on this blog
- Wrote this blog post.
On that note, my Windows machine is about booted and I can load up the Word documents that were inconveniently sent to me in .docx format. What a Monday Morning.